Search This Blog

Monday, June 17, 2013

First Entry/Bottle Label Tutorial

Hello! I'm new here on Blogger and I decided to make a blog to display my creations and go into detail about them :) I also currently own two shops on Storenvy and you can find them on the right side of my blog! I sell handmade jewelry, mostly made out of polymer clay. So expect to see a lot of miniature foods and other miniature stuff. :D

So for my first blog post, I want to show you a tutorial I made! It is on how to make an antique label for fantasy bottles. It will be a great addition for any potion/spells that you're making! 



I originally posted this on Instagram, but whenever I upload my photos to that app, the quality goes down. This picture should be a lot more clear!

Steps:

① On a word processor, type the name of the label that you want. My font was 9pt or 8pt. Print it out then cut it to make a rectangle. It doesn't have to be perfect. I am showing how my label would fit on my bottle. 

② Make some cuts along the edges of the label. Try to make it random or else it will look like its been patterned. 

③&④ Crumple your label! Try not to rip it. Open it up and you'll notice the effects of its "aging". 

⑤&⑥ Use a *thin* layer of glue to coat the back of the label. I'm using tacky glue. Apply the label onto the bottle and make sure it's not slanted! 

⑦&⑧ Get yellow and brown acrylic paint and make one drop of each on your palette. Mix some yellow with a hint of brown along with a few drops of water. Paint all over your label. If it gets too yellow, even it out with a wet brush. Don't use too much water on the label! 

⑨ Get some watered brown on your brush and paint only the sides. Then make your brush dry and get brown paint. Lightly go over the edges and cuts in thin lines to make them darker. 

⑩&⑪ Use your nails to push parts of the edges inward or apart from your cuts. This will make the label look more crumply. In the photo, I'm using my thumb to push the edges up.

 ⑫ Wait for your label to dry. Then thinly coat it with a glaze. You are finished!!!

I hope you liked my tutorial! Maybe I will make more in the future.

❤Nicole Vong

No comments:

Post a Comment