Search This Blog

Monday, June 17, 2013

Chocolate Cake Slice with Cherries



I made this a while ago. It was my first chocolate cake that I cut into slices. I didn't like it too much because it kind of looks plain, haha. What I liked though was the added effect of "juicy" looking cherries. I used a red craft glue that first looks opaque but then it turns jelly clear. The patterned rim of the slices were pretty hard to achieve because I was working with very soft clay.  I tried to achieve some sort of elegance to the slices. The white whipped cream was added on to make the slices more interesting (but it's still meh).



Usually when I am making something new out of clay, I always take so much time, like on these slices! I like to work on my own pace but it's so bad that I feel like I'm not progressing. I think conditioning the clay and mixing colors take up most of my time.

I'm going to make more cakes in the near future, so stay tuned!

❤Nicole Vong

No comments:

Post a Comment